Track time while on the go from your Android phone.
Before you can start tracking time, you first have to have a Clockify account (you can create one here for free).
Once you have an account, type your email and password to log in. You can also log in with your Google account.
Time tracking #
You can keep track of your time in Clockify Android app in two ways:
- Use a timer – Simply write what you’re working on and start the timer with one tap
- Add time manually – Enter how much you’ve worked (eg. 1.5 for 1h30min) and tap “Add”
Add time manually #
To add time, first change time tracking mode by tapping on the menu icon in the upper right corner and choosing “Manual”. Then, you can enter the duration, tap Add, and fill what you’ve worked on in the next screen.
Continue timer #
You can quickly continue a timer from a previous time entry:
- Find time entry for which you want to continue tracking time
- Tap on its play icon
- A new timer will pick up that time entry’s details (description, project, tag, billability) and start ticking
Edit time details #
You can edit any time entry simply by tapping on them and changing whatever you want to change:
- Add project and task
- Add tags
- Change description
- Change start/end time and duration
- Mark as billable
To delete a time entry, tap on a time entry to bring out its details, and tap Delete (located next to the Done button).
Menu options #
To find the app’s menu tap on the little hamburger menu icon located in the upper right-hand corner. In this menu you can:
- Choose Manual or Timer entry mode
- Switch workspace
- Go to Settings
- Visit the Dashboard on the Web
- Log out
Tap the little hamburger menu icon located in the upper right-hand corner to and select Settings where you can:
- Set a default project
- Enable dark mode
- Opt to automatically send us error reports (e.g. in case the app crashes)
If you work on the same project every day, set a default project. Then, all you have to do is type what you’re working on and start the timer, and the project will be selected automatically.
You can select:
- A fixed project, which will be always used when you start a timer for an entry without a project (until you change the default project)
- Or select “Last used project”, and the timer will pick up the most recently used available project from your list of time entries
You can enable default project in the app’s Settings.
Offline support #
You can track time in Clockify on your Android even offline.
You can create time entries manually or start/stop the timer. Entries made while offline will be saved locally on your phone. Once you get back online, they’ll get synced with your web account.
When you’re offline, you won’t be able to see your other time entries, only those that were created while you were offline and which haven’t been synced yet.
Projects, tasks, and tags are not available while offline.